Eggless Date & Walnut cake
Eggless and without butter!! The dates lend a super soft and moist texture to this cake. Also used jowar flour for the first time in a cake and very happy with the result!
1 cup dates
1/4 cup yogurt
1 cup whole wheat flour
1 cup jowar flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 cup sugar
3/4 cup vegetable oil
1 1/2 cup milk
1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- Soak the dates in 1 cup of the warm milk and set aside. Transfer this to a mixer and grind to a paste
- Add this date paste to a bowl and pour in the oil and yogurt. Whisk it together until smooth. Add sugar and whisk again.
- Sift the wheat and jowar flour into another bowl along with the baking powder and baking soda.
- Add the wet mix to this dry mix and combine by pouring the leftover milk in installments
- Add the chopped walnuts and mix through
- Pour this batter into your prepared baking tin and bake at 180 C for 35 to 40 minutes